COBIT® (Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies) is regarded as the world’s leading IT control and governance framework. The COBIT® governance framework, supporting toolset and documentation allows managers to bridge the gap between control requirements, technical issues and business risks.
This three day course examines the drivers for this latest version of COBIT®, the five basic principles on which COBIT® 5 is founded and the enablers for governance and management of enterprise IT which support the integration between the goals, objectives, controls and processes of the business and IT. The course includes an introduction to COBIT® 5 implementation and the concepts relating to the Process Assessment Model.
In this 3 day course, participants will be equipped with the knowledge to enable them to use COBIT® for evaluating the effectiveness of IT-related controls and how the framework can assist.
Learn the Key COBIT Concepts and Practices
Fully understand the COBIT 5 framework, principles, and enablers
Ask the Practitioner
Our trainers are COBIT practitioners, so feel free to consult with them on your real- world project challenges – get consulted and inspired!
ISACA offers professionals the opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge by taking an exam and earning a certificate.
The COBIT 5 Foundation Course helps candidates successfully prepare for the COBIT 5 Foundation Exam however candidates are not required to take the course as a prerequisite.
Important Notice: Based on the amendment in Axelos Policy, effective 1-Nov-2019, Axelos training organizations such as ITCE must sell certification training courses only in bundles which include the respective certification exam. The price of the certification exam for the COBIT® 5 Foundation training is €195.
- The major drivers for the development of COBIT® 5
- The business benefits of using COBIT® 5
- The COBIT® 5 product architecture
- The 5 key principles of COBIT® 5 for the governance and management of enterprise IT
- How the COBIT® 5 processes and the Process Reference Model help guide the creation of the 5 principles and the 7 governance and management enablers
- The basic concepts for the implementation of COBIT® 5
- The basic concepts of the new Process Assessment Model
- The COBIT® 5 guides and how they interrelate.
- The course also prepares attendees for the APMG COBIT® 5 Foundation examination which is typically included on the final afternoon of the course.
What you’ll learn
OVERVIEW AND KEY FEATURES OF COBIT® 5
- The drivers for the development of COBIT® 5
- The business needs of the enterprise and the benefits provided by COBIT® 5.
THE COBIT 5 PRINCIPLES
- Introduction to the framework principles, enablers and the process reference model
- Principle 1 – Meeting stakeholder needs
- Principle 2 – Covering the enterprise end-to-end
- Principle 3 – Applying a single integrated framework
- Principle 4 – Enabling a holistic approach
- Principle 5 – Separating governance from management.
THE COBIT 5 ENABLERS
- Enabler 1 – Principles, policies and frameworks
- Enabler 2 – Processes
- Enabler 3 – Organisational structures
- Enabler 4 – Culture, ethics and behaviour
- Enabler 5 – Information
- Enabler 6 – Services, infrastructure and applications
- Enabler 7 – People, skills and competencies.
AN INTRODUCTION TO COBIT 5 IMPLEMENTATION
- The lifecycle model
- Internal and external factors that influence change
- Typical pain points and trigger events that drive change
- The importance and good practice of the business case.
THE PROCESS CAPABILITY MODEL (THE PROCESS ASSESSMENT MODEL)
- Introduction to the Process Capability Model based on ISO 15504
- The concepts and scope of Process Capability Assessment using the COBIT® 5 Process Assessment Model
- Sample paper and review
- Exam preparation
- The APMG COBIT® 5 Foundation examination.
COBIT® is a trademark of ISACA® registered in the United States and other countries.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at a wide range of business managers, IT professionals and auditors who wish to gain a better understanding of COBIT® and what it can do for them within their organizations.
Are there any prerequisites for the training ?
There are no specific pre-requisites for attendees wishing to participate in the course but it is assumed that attendees will have a basic understanding of IT and IT concepts.
Take2 Re-sit Exam Option
PeopleCert’s Take2 Re-sit Exam Option gives you the chance to retake an exam through online proctoring up to 6 months from the date of the initial exam at an affordable price.
Add the Take2 Re-Sit Exam option for 49 EUR incl. VAT when registering and secure the chance for a better result if you don’t successfully pass your initial exam.
If you want to take advantage of the Take2 re-sit exam option, contact us.
Запознайте се и се сертифицирайте за ITIL 4 – глобалният стандарт за управление на ИТ…
Посрещнете Agile начина на работа и мислене, подгответе се за следващия си Agile проект и…
Комбинирайки концепции и практики от Управлението на проекти с подходи за активно усвояване на материал,…