In this course, you will gain the practical tools and techniques necessary to implement the Lean Portfolio Management functions of Strategy and Investment Funding, Agile Portfolio Operations and Lean Governance.
During the course, you will have the opportunity to capture the current and the future state of your portfolio with the Portfolio Canvas tool and identify important business initiatives for achieving the future state. Participants also explore methods to establish portfolio flow with the Portfolio Kanban and prioritize initiatives for maximum economic benefit. The course also provides insights on how to establish Value Stream Budgets and Lean Budget Guardrails and measure the Lean portfolio performance.
Certification Exam Preparation
Receive solid preparation for the certification exam and become a certified SAFe Lean Portfolio Manager.
What you’ll learn
After the completion of the training, you will know how to:
- Describe Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Connect the portfolio to enterprise strategy
- Establish the Portfolio Vision
- Implement Lean Budgeting and Guardrails
- Establish flow with the Portfolio Kanban
- Support operational excellence with an Agile Program Management Office (PMO) and Communities of Practice (CoPs)
- Coordinate Value Streams
- Measure LPM performance
- Build a plan for LPM implementation
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for professionals of the following roles:
- CEO, CTO or Director
- Program, Project or Portfolio Manager
- Release Train Engineer, Agile Coach or SAFe Program Consultant
Are there any prerequisites for the training?
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the training more productive if you are familiar with Agile concepts and principles, have attended a Leading SAFe or SAFe PM/PO course, and have experience working in a SAFe environment.
During this course, you’ll learn the principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe)…
During this two-day course, attendees gain an in-depth understanding of how to effectively perform their…