Extend your team knowledge with Automate The Planet instructors’ training modules. Your team can increase its knowledge on how to write automated tests for web, desktop, mobile, or API apps using WebDriver, Appium and other industry-leading tools/frameworks.
This online training is a combination of the most important test automation modules from Level 1 and Level 2, combined with exercises for each module.
ITCE is exclusively partnering with Automate The Planet to popularize the topic of automation testing by helping individuals in their upskilling process. Automate The Planet has years of experience in the field of test automation, which has resulted in the development of the modern framework BELLATRIX that can be used to create automated tests in C# for web, mobile, desktop, and API.
CTO of Automate The Planet
Anton Angelov is CTO and Co-founder of Automate The Planet, inventor of BELLATRIX Test Automation Framework, and MEISSA Distributed Test Runner. Anton has 10 years of experience in the field of automated testing. He designs and writes scalable test automation solutions and tools. He consults and trains companies regarding their automated testing efforts. Part of his job is to lead a team of passionate engineers helping companies succeed with their test automation using the company’s BELLATRIX tooling. He is most famous for his blogging at Automate The Planet and many given conference talks.
What you’ll learn
1. Testing Fundamentals
- Fundamentals of testing
- Testing throughout the software life cycle
- Static techniques
- Identifying test conditions and designing test cases
- Test management
- Tool support for testing
2. Java Level 1
- Java Intro
- Primitive Data Types and Variables
- Operators and Expressions
- Conditional Statements
- Using Classes and Objects
3. Java Unit Testing Fundamentals
- Running Unit Tests
- Naming Conventions
- Debugging unit tests
- Grouping Unit Tests
- Code Coverage
- Attributes and Hooks
- Testing exceptions
- Running Tests from command line
- Using a configuration file to define a data source
- Testing Frameworks- JUnit and TestNG
- Test Data Creational Libraries
- Unit Testing Assertion Libraries
- Mocking and Stubbing Libraries
4. Source Control Introduction
- What is Git?
- How does Git work?
- Git Key Concepts
- What is GitHub?
- What is TFS GIT?
5. Selenium WebDriver- Getting Started
- Understanding Selenium
- Automating Browser Navigation Actions
- Windows, Frames and Alerts
- WebDrivers for Different Browsers
- Capturing Screenshots
- Building Maintainable Scripts Using the Page Object Model
- Locating Elements in a WebPage
- Learn how to use Selenium WebDriver explicit and implicit waits
- Learn the problems that can occur as a result of improper synchronization
6. Setup Continuous Integration Job
- What stands for Continues Integration (CI)?
- How to schedule my tests to run after every commit in my source code repository?
- How to setup CI with Jenkins? Practical realization of CI with Jenkins.
- Visualize Test Results
After completing this course, you will:
- Have enough Java knowledge to write maintainable tests
- Understand fundamental testing concepts
- Understand test automation best practices
- Use Selenium WebDriver to automate mid-level complexity functionality
- Create Continuous Integration jobs tо execute tests on schedule
- Work with Source Control systems to manage code versioning
Upon completion of the course, students will be credentialed as Certified Test Automation Engineer Level 1.