Extend your team knowledge with Automate The Planet instructors’ training modules. Your team can increase its knowledge on how to write automated tests for web, desktop, mobile, or API apps using WebDriver, Appium, SpecFlow, and other industry-leading tools/frameworks.
During this master class, we will first discuss the core characteristics and requirements of our framework. We will use a professionally written high-class test automation framework as a baseline.
We will start writing the core projects/feature and add additional features piece by piece. We will continuously elaborate on why we design the code the way it is (pros and cons) during this process. We will look into different designs and compare them. We will have some theoretical part discussing design patterns and best practices in programming/ test automation. While we build a specific feature, you will have exercises to finish a particular part or extend it further from time to time.
You will have access to all slides, video recordings, and the source code of what we built.
The master class is designed so that we can adapt some of the topics based on the participants’ interests. For example, we can discuss much more mobile test automation or test results reporting integrations if these topics are important to you.
ITCE is exclusively partnering with Automate The Planet to popularize the topic of automation testing by helping individuals in their upskilling process. Automate The Planet has years of experience in the field of test automation, which has resulted in the development of the modern framework BELLATRIX that can be used to create automated tests in C# for web, mobile, desktop, and API.
CTO of Automate The Planet
Anton Angelov is CTO and Co-founder of Automate The Planet, inventor of BELLATRIX Test Automation Framework, and MEISSA Distributed Test Runner. Anton has 10 years of experience in the field of automated testing. He designs and writes scalable test automation solutions and tools. He consults and trains companies regarding their automated testing efforts. Part of his job is to lead a team of passionate engineers helping companies succeed with their test automation using the company’s BELLATRIX tooling. He is most famous for his blogging at Automate The Planet and many given conference talks.
What you’ll learn
1. Design Patterns in Automated Testing
Learn basic skills and concepts of Software Testing. Lessons are taught using REAL-LIFE Examples for improved learning. Refer the tutorials sequentially one after the other.
- What are Design Patterns?
- Creational Design Patterns
- Structural Design Patterns
- Behavioural Design Patterns
- SOLID and Other Principles
2. Build Custom Test Automation Framework C#
- Building Projects Structure
- Defining Common Services
- Building Locating and Waiting for Elements Services
- Screenshots and Videos on Test Failures
- Handling Environment Configurations
- Page Objects
- Test Writing Acceleration Features
- Test Report Portals Integrations
- Framework Extensibility
- BDD- SpecFlow Integration
- Mobile Testing Specifics
- Desktop Testing Specifics
- API Testing Specifics
After completing this course, you will:
- Be able to build projects structure
- Have knowledge about essential design patterns
- Be able to handle environment configurations
- Be preparing test data
- Understand framework extensibility
- Understand mobile testing specifics
- Understand desktop testing specifics
- Understand screenshots and videos on test failures
- Test results reporting solutions integrations
- Understand BDD- SpecFlow integration
- Improve API usability
- Enhance the learning curve
- Understand the evaluation of different designs
Upon completion of the course, students will be credentialed as Certified Test Automation Engineer Level 3.
- A good understanding of C# Level 2. Know how to use generics, extension methods, and such.
- Professional experience with WebDriver, Appium, or WinAppDriver.
- Install Visual Studio Community or Visual Studio for Mac Community
- Install GitHub Desktop
- Git for Windows
- Zoom Web Client