The SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) Foundation℠ course is an introduction to the principles & practices that enable an organization to reliably and economically scale critical services. Introducing a site-reliability dimension requires organizational re-alignment, a new focus on engineering & automation, and the adoption of a range of new working paradigms.
The course highlights the evolution of SRE and its future direction, and equips participants with the practices, methods, and tools to engage people across the organization involved in reliability and stability evidenced through the use of real-life scenarios and case stories. Upon completion of the course, participants will have
tangible takeaways to leverage when back in the office such as understanding, setting and tracking Service Level Objectives (SLO’s). The course was developed by leveraging key SRE sources, engaging with thought-leaders in the SRE space and working with organizations embracing SRE to extract real-life best practices and has been designed to teach the key principles & practices necessary for starting SRE adoption.
This certification positions learners to successfully complete the SRE Foundation certification exam.
ITCE is accredited by the DevOps Institute to deliver DevOps training and certification which provides evidence that the highest standards for quality of the training content are met and that the trainer is a certified professional.
What you’ll learn
- Module 1: SRE Principles & Practices
- Module 2: Service Level Objectives & Error Budgets
- Module 3: Reducing Toil
- Module 4: Monitoring & Service Level Indicators
- Module 5: SRE Tools & Automation
- Module 6: Anti-Fragility & Learning from Failure
- Module 7: Organizational Impact of SRE
- Module 8: SRE, Other Frameworks, The Future
The learning objectives for the SRE Foundation course include a practical understanding of:
- The history of SRE and its emergence at Google
- The inter-relationship of SRE with DevOps and other popular frameworks
- The underlying principles behind SRE
- Service Level Objectives (SLO’s) and their user focus
- Service Level Indicators (SLI’s) and the modern monitoring landscape
- Error budgets and the associated error budget policies
- Toil and its effect on an organization’s productivity
- Some practical steps that can help to eliminate toil
- SRE tools, automation techniques and the importance of security
- Anti-fragility, our approach to failure and failure testing
- The organizational impact that introducing SRE brings
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should attend?
The target audience for the SRE Foundation course are professionals including:
- Anyone starting or leading a move towards increased reliability
- Anyone interested in modern IT leadership and organizational change approaches
- Business Managers
- Business Stakeholders
- Change Agents
- DevOps Practitioners
- IT Directors
- IT Managers
- IT Team Leaders
- Product Owners
- Scrum Masters
- Software Engineers
- Site Reliability Engineers
- System Integrators
- Tool Providers
Are there any prerequisites for attending the training?
An understanding and knowledge of common DevOps terminology and concepts and related work experience are recommended.
Вашата сертификационна пътека ви очаква!
Разбере как може да се сертифицирате чрез изпитни ваучери с онлайн проктор. Подобрете вашето кариерно развитие сега!
ITIL® 4 Leader: Digital & IT Strategy
ITIL® 4 Leader: Digital & IT Strategy is aimed at showing IT leaders and aspiring…
The DevOps Foundation course provides a baseline understanding of key DevOps terminology and the fundamental…
DevOps Leader (DOL)®
The DevOps Leader course highlights the human dynamics of cultural change and equips participants with…
PMI Agile Certified Practitioner(PMI-ACP)® Preparation Training
Посрещнете Agile начина на работа и мислене, подгответе се за следващия си Agile проект и…