This four-day instructor-led course is designed for IT professionals who configure advanced Windows Server services using on-premises, hybrid, and cloud technologies. These professionals manage and support an infrastructure that includes on-premises and Azure IaaS-hosted Windows Server-based workloads. The course teaches IT professionals how to leverage the hybrid capabilities of Azure, how to migrate virtual and physical server workloads to Azure IaaS, and how to manage and secure Azure VMs running Windows Server. The course also covers how to perform tasks related to high availability, troubleshooting, and disaster recovery. The course highlights various administrative tools and technologies including Windows Admin Center, PowerShell, Azure Arc, Azure Automation Update Management, Microsoft Defender for Identity, Azure Security Center, Azure Migrate, and Azure Monitor.
What you’ll learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Harden the security configuration of the Windows Server operating system environment.
- Enhance hybrid security using Azure Security Center, Azure Sentinel, and Windows Update Management.
- Apply security features to protect critical resources.
- Implement high availability and disaster recovery solutions.
- Implement recovery services in hybrid scenarios.
- Plan and implement hybrid and cloud-only migration, backup, and recovery scenarios.
- Perform upgrades and migration related to AD DS, and storage.
- Manage and monitor hybrid scenarios using WAC, Azure Arc, Azure Automation and Azure Monitor.
- Implement service monitoring and performance monitoring, and apply troubleshooting.
- Module 1: Windows Server security
- Module 2: Implementing security solutions in hybrid scenarios
- Module 3: Implementing high availability
- Module 4: Disaster recovery in Windows Server
- Module 5: Implementing recovery services in hybrid scenarios
- Module 6: Upgrade and migrate in Windows Server
- Module 7: Implementing migration in hybrid scenarios
- Module 8: Server and performance monitoring in Windows Server
- Module 9: Implementing operational monitoring in hybrid scenarios
ITCE is a Certified Microsoft Learning Partner.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should attend?
This four-day course is intended for Windows Server Hybrid Administrators who have experience working with Windows Server and want to extend the capabilities of their on-premises environments by combining on-premises and hybrid technologies. Windows Server Hybrid Administrators who already implement and manage on-premises core technologies want to secure and protect their environments, migrate virtual and physical workloads to Azure Iaas, enable a highly available, fully redundant environment, and perform monitoring and troubleshooting.
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience with managing Windows Server operating system and Windows Server workloads in on-premises scenarios, including AD DS, DNS, DFS, Hyper-V, and File and Storage Services
- Experience with common Windows Server management tools (implied in the first prerequisite).
- Basic knowledge of core Microsoft compute, storage, networking, and virtualization technologies (implied in the first prerequisite).
- Experience and an understanding of core networking technologies such as IP addressing, name resolution, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Experience working with and an understanding of Microsoft Hyper-V and basic server virtualization concepts
- An awareness of basic security best practices
- Basic understanding of security-related technologies (firewalls, encryption, multi-factor authentication, SIEM/SOAR).
- Basic knowledge of on-premises resiliency Windows Server-based compute and storage technologies (Failover Clustering, Storage Spaces).
- Basic experience with implementing and managing IaaS services in Microsoft Azure
- Basic knowledge of Azure Active Directory
- Experience working hands-on with Windows client operating systems such as Windows 10 or Windows 11
- Basic experience with Windows PowerShell
An understanding of the following concepts as related to Windows Server technologies:
- High availability and disaster recovery
Your Certification Journey Awaits!
Get more information on how you can get certified through online proctored exam vouchers. Boost your career prospects now!