DASA DevOps Fundamentals encompasses the latest thinking and best practices in DevOps transformation, including current technology trends and successful case studies. It is a capability-building block for organizations looking to transform themselves, preparing them for the DevOps mindset, which encompasses people, processes, and culture.
The certification provides overarching guidance for any IT organization undergoing transformation, with links to multiple other DASA guidance products, supporting the organization and individuals in building capabilities.
Don’t get left behind as the industry moves on from traditional System admin
DASA DevOps Fundamentals course offers a solid foundation for everyone in the organizations and opens entire new job markets for career changers. The course aims to standardize the team’s knowledge and skills required to function effectively and helps you communicate with the team by understanding the common DevOps vocabulary such as CI/CD, test-driven development, cross-functional teams, and iterative development.
ITCE is an official DASA Accredited Training Provider which provides evidence that the highest standards for quality of the training content are met and that the trainer is a certified professional.
What you’ll learn
After completing this program, you will be able to:
- Participate successfully in the DevOps transformation within the organization by sharing a common understanding and vocabulary required for DevOps ways of working.
- Define and discuss the key concepts and principles of DevOps.
- Explain the core elements of a DevOps culture and its importance.
- Discuss the importance of automation and ways to implement it in the product life cycle.
- Describe how DevOps relates to Lean and Agile methodologies.
- Discuss metrics and success factors for DevOps transformations.
- Get insight into the various organizational DevOps models and related architectures.
- Explain the importance of sharing responsibility, knowledge and ways of working to enable successful collaboration.
- Identify the available resources of DASA guidance as an enabler of your DevOps implementation plan.
Building DevOps Context
- Why DevOps?
- DevOps Definition
- DASA DevOps Principles
- Introduction To DevOps Culture
- DevOps Culture For Teams
- DevOps Leadership
- Why Automate?
- Automation Enables Continuous Delivery
- Modern Infrastructure & Cloud Computing
- Product Management
- Service Management
- Site Reliability Engineering
- Value & Experience Management
- Basics of Measurement
- Measuring Value
- Typical DevOps Metrics
- Monitoring & Analytics
- Organizational Models That Enable Sharing
- T-Shape Profiles Enable Sharing
- DevOps Teams
- Team Autonomy
- IT Architecture That Supports Sharing
- DevOps At Scale
- DASA Big Picture
- Talent Portfolio
- Guidance Portfolio
To learn more details, you can download the course syllabus here.
Co-founder, Managing Partner & Principal Consultant
Nina is a highly qualified consultant and leader with more than 30 years of experience in leading highly complex transformations. She is a well-known name in the field of Scaled Agile, Enterprise Architecture and IT Service Management.
Nina Prodanova-Iozeva is a highly qualified consultant and leader with more than 30 years of experience in the IT industry. She is co-founder and Managing Partner of ITCE. Nina is a well-known name in the field of Agile, Business Analysis, Enterprise Architecture and IT Service Management. She has delivered consulting and training projects to many organizations in the finance, telco, utility and IT industries across Europe.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should attend?
The DASA DevOps Fundamentals certification adds value to individuals involved in IT development, operations, or service management. It’s target audience includes but is not limited to:
Development & Operations – Software Developers, Engineers and Architects, Quality Engineers and Testers, System and Network Engineers and Administrators, Automation Architects, Dev, Sec & Ops Engineers, Enterprise Architects, Incident and Change Managers, Integration Specialists
Business & Leadership – Product Owners, Business Analysts, Business Managers, Operations Managers, Product Managers, Team Leads, Scrum Masters, Agile Coaches, Senior Management and C-Suite
Support & Enablement – Support Engineers, Service Managers, Business users who are working with IT in getting business value created, HR, Finance, Governance, Legal
Are there any prerequisites for attending the training?
Possessing some basic knowledge of Agile, Scrum, Lean, and ITSM principle is recommended but not required for the completion of the certification.
Is this a certification training?
Yes, DASA delivers the DevOps Fundamentals exams. The participants and training organizations can attain the vouchers for the exam through DASA.
|Delivery||Online and Paper-based|
|Format||Closed-book format, participants can bring scratch paper|
|Duration||60 minutes, 15-minute additional time for non-native candidates|
|Number of questions||40, simple multiple choice (1 mark per question)|
Your Certification Journey Awaits!
Get more information on how you can get certified through online proctored exam vouchers. Boost your career prospects now!