The LPI objectives covered are version 3.0 (released April 1, 2009). The Linux Professional Institute (LPI) is the go to certification body for vendor independent Linux certifications. This course covers fundamental Linux skills such as file management and manipulation, text processing, command line use, package management, file systems, hardware, and many more. Students will feel confident taking the LPI LPIC-1, LPI101 exam with in classroom assessments and practice exams.
What you’ll learn
Specifically, attendees will learn to:
- Manage File Permissions and Ownership
- Create, Delete, Find, and Display Files
- Work With Archives and Compression
- Process Text Streams Using Filters
- Work On The Command Line
- Use Streams, Pipes, and Redirects
- Search Text Files Using Regular Expressions
- Perform Basic File Editing Operations Using Vi
- Create, Monitor, and Kill Processes
- Use RPM, YUM, and Debian Package Management
- Work With Partitions, Filesystems, and Disk Quotas
- Linux Boot Process
- Determine and Configure Hardware Settings
This course prepares students to take the LPI 102 exam of the LPI level 1…
This course prepares students to take the LPI 201 exam of the LPIC-2 certification. It…
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should attend?
This training is appropriate for participants who have at least one year experience and basic computer knowledge.
Are there any prerequisites for attending the course?
General computing knowledge and experience. No prior knowledge with Linux or Unix is required.