ITIL® 4 Strategist: Direct, Plan and Improve provides IT professionals and leaders with the ability to use ITIL methods in their overall IT strategy, creating an evolving IT organization with a strong and effective strategic direction. The module demonstrates how to establish a clear alignment between strategy and operations and how to maximize outcomes. The module equips participants with the skills to control, influence and inspire others to work in a desired way and create effective, high performing IT and digital teams.
ITIL® 4 Strategist: Direct, Plan and Improve particularly relates to the value chain activities Plan, Improve and Engage. It forms part of the Managing Professional set of courses. The course particularly covers Governance, Planning, Communications, Organizational Change and the Continual Improvement Model in detail.
Understand how to plan and deliver continual improvement with the necessary agility
ITIL 4 Strategist Direct, Plan and Improve is aimed at managers of all levels involved in shaping direction and strategy or developing a continually improving team. It will cover both practical and strategic elements.
Ask the Expert
Engage in discussions with our highly experienced trainer and get valuable advice for applying ITIL principles in your organization. In addition, you will receive a holistic overview on various modern frameworks (DevOps, (Scaled) Agile, etc.) as well as application guidance.
Get ITIL® 4 Strategist DPI Certified!
Receive solid preparation for the ITIL® 4 Strategist: Direct, Plan and Improve Certification Exam and a mock exam.
The DPI module is a component of both the ITIL 4 Managing Professional and ITIL 4 Strategic Leader certification streams.
ITCE is Accredited Training Organization for ITIL® Courses.
As of 1-Feb-2022 the price of the online proctored certification exam for the ITIL® 4 Strategist: Direct, Plan and Improve training will be €356 excl. VAT and will include an E-book.
Take2 Re-sit Option
PeopleCert’s Take2 Re-sit Exam Option gives you the chance to retake an exam through online proctoring up to 6 months from the date of the initial exam at an affordable price of €41 excl. VAT.
Mock Exam Option
To ensure your solid preparation you can test your knowledge with the help of the Mock Exam Option which you can purchase for €50 excl. VAT. This option is still not available. To be expected soon.
If you want to take advantage of the Take2 Re-sit Exam Option or the Mock Exam Option, make sure to order them in advance by contacting us.
Important Notice: Based on the amendment in Axelos Policy, effective 1-Nov-2019, Axelos training organizations such as ITCE must sell certification training courses only in bundles which include the respective certification exam and an e-book. The Take2 Re-sit and Mock exam are optional.
What You’ll Learn
In this training you will gain essential knowledge and understanding on the following topics:
1. ITIL 4 Foundation
- Learn the key concepts of service management
- Understand how the ITIL guiding principles can help an organization adopt and adapt service management
- Study the four dimensions of service management
- Understand the purpose and components of the ITIL service value system
- Understand the activities of the service value chain, and how they interconnect
2. Understand key concepts of Direct, Plan and Improve
- Learn key terms such as direction, planning, improvement, operating mode, methods, risks, and scope of control
- Understand differences between key concepts such as vision and mission; strategy, tactics, and operations; governance, compliance, and management; policies, controls, and guidelines
- Understand value, outcomes, costs and risks as well as their relationships to direction, planning and improvement
3. Identify the scope of control and within this learn how to:
- Cascade goals and requirements
- Define effective policies, controls and guidelines
- Place decision-making authority at the correct level
4. Understand Governance Risk & Control
- Understand the role of risk and risk management in DPI
- Understand how governance impacts DPI
- Know how to ensure that controls are sufficient, but not excessive
5. Principles and methods for all types of improvements
- Continual improvement model for improving service value system
- Assessment objectives, outputs, requirements and criteria
- Selecting appropriate assessment method(s)
- Define and prioritize desired outcomes of improvements
- How to build, justify and advocate for business cases
- How to conduct improvement reviews and analyses of lessons learned
- How to embed continual improvement at all levels of SVS
6. Methods of Communication and Organizational Change
- Nature, scope and potential benefits of organizational change management
- Use key principles and methods of Communication and OCM such as identifying and managing different types of stakeholders, effectively communicating with and influencing others, and establishing effective feedback channels
- Establish effective interfaces across the value chain
7. Principles/methods of measurement and reporting DPI
- Defining indicators and metrics to support objectives
8. Direct, plan and improve value streams and practices
- Understand differences between value streams and practices and how they impact direction, planning and improvement
- Select and use appropriate methods and techniques to direct, plan and improve value streams and practices such as addressing the 4 dimensions, applying the guiding principles, value stream mapping, optimization of the workflow, elimination of waste, and ensuring and utilizing feedback
Upon completion of the training, participants will be able to:
- Ensure tactical IT teams align their work effectively to meet business objectives
- Break down silos by encouraging a holistic, systems-thinking approach to value co-creation
- Adapt tools and techniques across the operating model, with minimal disruption
- Use the ITIL guiding principles, strong business cases, robust planning and effective controls when developing change management programs aligned to strategic vision
- Create regular reporting cycles and utilize Lean, Agile and DevOps ways of working to eliminate waste and encourage feedback loops
- Understand the importance of governance and compliance and help organizations remain resilient to digital disruption.
ITIL® is a registered trade marks of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logoTM is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
As one of the pioneers of providing ITIL training in the region, ITCE has a significant experience in delivering training, coaching and consulting to many of the largest enterprises.
Our trainers are accredited ITIL® Trainers and have led hundreds of ITIL courses, in which most of the groups have achieved 100% success on the ITIL Foundation certification exam.
Partner & Senior Consultant
Orlin is a very well-known name in the IT and Management circles in the region due to his extensive experience as a consultant for numerous large scale and complex projects in the field of IT Security and Service Management. He is a very well respected ITIL® trainer, known for the high success rate of certification of his students.
7 – 11 Nov 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should attend?
This training will be beneficial for practitioners who have taken ITIL® 4 Foundation and wish to continue their journey to ITIL® Managing Professional, and those who are responsible for managing all levels of shaping the direction and strategy of a continually and improving IT team.
Are there any prerequisites?
Yes. To be eligible for this training, you need to have certified for ITIL® 4 Foundation or ITIL® 4 Managing Professional (MP) Transition.
What should I know about the examination?
It is required for exam candidates to have attended an accredited ITIL 4 Strategist: Direct, Plan and Improve training course in order to sit for the certification exam.
The exam consists of 40 multiple-choice questions and candidates should score 70% or higher in order to successfully pass it (this means a score of 28 marks or higher).
How can I continue my ITIL 4 certification journey?
If you have already attended an ITIL Training at ITCE, leave your contacts below to discuss which will be the best transition approach for you and claim your special offer for the new ITIL 4 courses.
This module covers the core service management activities and expands the current scope of ITIL…
Become ITIL Managing Professional with the ITIL® 4 Managing Professional (MP) Transition. This course is…
Get introduced to and certified for ITIL 4 – the global standard for IT Service…
Get ready to lead your next Agile project and prepare for the Project Management Institute…