Service Management In Action (SMIA) is an innovative business simulation training that provides participants with practical experience aligning business and technology processes. SMIA is based around the best practice outlined in ITIL and its aim is to emphasize the importance of aligning your business and technology processes. All this is demonstrated by:
- Maximizing the availability of the infrastructure
- Minimizing the business impact of incidents affecting infrastructure components
- Continually improving Service Management processes
The SMIA business simulation at ITCE is customized to provide best practices from ITIL 4, the latest and modernized edition of the world recognized framework for IT Service Management, which also includes practices from Lean, DevOps and Agile.
Gain hands-on experience in ITIL Best Practices
During a lively and energetic day, teams of participants manage their own business and experience for themselves how improved processes underpinned by good teamwork result in improved business performance and profitability.
Communication is key!
In the business simulation as in real business life, the IT teams and the Business often struggle to align on common a strategy and goals. Experience it and learn your lessons in a safe environment, where your mistakes won’t cost you any money or affect reputation.
Practice! Practice! Practice!
The objective of the training is for the business, a port authority, to generate as much revenue as possible. By maximizing the availability of the port infrastructure and minimizing the impact of incidents, participants learn hands-on how process improvements lead to better business performance.
Created by FOX IT, the Service Management In Action (SMIA) business simulation training is customized by ITCE to fit and teach the best practices of ITIL® 4, the latest release of the global standard for IT Service Management.
About the game
While playing the FoxPort business simulation game, the team will go through a series of retrospectives to enhance the learning process:
- Observation and retrospective session at the end of every round of the business simulation;
- Sharing experience between the participants;
- Conclusions and recommendations for improvement.
What you’ll learn
The aim of this game is to help you understand:
- How important is that the Business Part of the company has a very good and tight connection and communication with the IT processes and Teams
- How to maintain as much availability as possible of the relevant business processes
- What tools can help you resolve any incidents that might occur as quickly and effectively as possible
- That the key is not about not making mistakes, but to learn from these mistakes – Continuous Service Improvement in practice
- Step in someone else’s shoes and see your work dynamic from a different perspective
- How important is to share and maintain your knowledge
- That to achieve service improvement, four areas need to be considered:
- Effective and efficient IT Service Management processes
- Good IT Infrastructure in terms of tools and technology
- People with the right skills, appropriate training and the right service culture.
- Effective and properly managed relationships and partnerships with manufacturers and suppliers
Meet our team of certified trainers and business simulation facilitators with years of experience in managing complex projects of different scope and geographies. They are experienced “game leaders” who can adapt the mechanics of the game to the situation needed.
Consultant & Trainer
Denitsa is specializing in ITIL and ServiceNow. She has substantial experience and a demonstrated history (10+ years) of working in the Information Technology and Services Industry with focus on the IT Service Operation, Transition and Transformation, People Management and Client Relationship Management.
Partner & Senior Consultant
Orlin is a very well-known name in the IT and Management circles in the region due to his extensive experience as a consultant for numerous large scale and complex projects in the field of IT Security and Service Management. He is a very well respected ITIL® trainer, known for the high success rate of certification of his students.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any prerequisites for the business simulation?
There are no fixed prerequisites for attendance.
Who should attend?
People from all levels and functions within an IT services operation can benefit from this simulation. It is also of value to those people whose business roles depend on and interact with IT staff.
Can the business simulation be customized?
Yes. If you are organizing FoxPort for a group of people from your organization, we will be happy to discuss with you what your team’s strengths and improvement areas are and tailor the business simulation to address them. Call us to organize an awareness session!
This 2-days course will help your teams provide excellent customer service by understanding the core…
Become ITIL Managing Professional with the ITIL® 4 Managing Professional (MP) Transition. This course is…
The DevOps Foundation course provides a baseline understanding of key DevOps terminology and the fundamental…
Get introduced to and certified for ITIL 4 – the global standard for IT Service…