The course builds on the general principles covered as part of the ITIL® Foundation course. This enables the organization to introduce Event Management, Incident Management, Request Fulfillment, Problem Management and Access Management processes, the Service Desk, Technical Management, IT Operations Management and Application Management functions as integral parts of its overall business-focused Services Framework.
The purpose of Operational Support & Analysis is to obtain knowledge on ITIL® terminology, process structure, roles, functions and activities that will enable role focused capability and competency in support of the Service Lifecycle approach as described in ITIL®. The course provides delegates with practical guidance on the design and implementation of an integrated end-to-end processes based on proven industry best practice guidelines.
ITCE is an Accredited Training Organization for ITIL® Courses.
As one of the pioneers of providing ITIL training in the region, ITCE has a significant experience in delivering training, coaching and consulting to many of the largest enterprises.
Our trainers are accredited ITIL® Trainers and have led hundreds of ITIL courses, in which most of the groups have achieved 100% success on the ITIL Foundation certification exam.
Partner & Senior Consultant
Orlin is a very well-known name in the IT and Management circles in the region due to this extensive experience as a consultant for numerous large scale and complex projects in the field of IT Security and Service Management. He is a very well respected ITIL® trainer, known for the high success rate of certification of his students.
What you’ll learn
During the course you will learn:
- Service Management as a Practice and Service Operational Principals.
- Processes across the Service Lifecycle pertaining to the capability of Operational Support and Analysis.
- Event Management which defines any detectable or dissemble occurrence that has significance for the management of the IT infrastructure or the delivery of an IT service.
- Incident Management which has the capability to bring service back to normal operations as soon as possible according to agreed service levels.
- Request Fulfillment which fulfils a request providing quick and effective access to standard services which business staff can use to improve their productivity or the quality of business services and products.
- Problem Management which prevents problems and resulting incidents from happening, to eliminate recurring incidents and to minimize the impact of incidents that cannot be prevented.
- Access Management which grants authorized users the right to use a service, while preventing access to non-authorized users.
- Operational activities of processes covered in other lifecycle phases such as Change Management, Configuration Management, Release and Deployment Management, Capacity Management, Availability Management, Knowledge Management.
- Financial Management for IT Services and IT Service Continuity Management.
- Common Service Operation activities related to Service Operation and Support.
- Organizing for Service Operations which describe functions to be performed within the Service
- Operation and Support such as Service Desk, Technical Management, IT Operation Management, Application Management.
- Service Operation and Support Service Operation roles and responsibilities.
- Technology and Implementation Considerations.
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and risks.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logoTM is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for individuals who require a deep understanding of Operational Support & Analysis processes and how they may be used to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization. It offers natural career development path for practitioner staff who already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate. Before taking the course it is recommended, though not required, that candidates have expose to basic concepts in IT and related work experience of a last two years.
Are there any requirements for taking ITIL® Intermediate certification?
The ITIL Intermediate certifications are available to anyone that has passed their ITIL Foundation exam. It is recommended that you have prior exposure to basic concepts in IT and at least two years’ professional experience working in IT Service Management before undertaking any of the ITIL Intermediary modules.
The purpose of Operational Support & Analysis course is to obtain knowledge on ITIL® terminology,…
The RCV module is one of the qualifications in the ITIL® Service Capability work stream.…