The Service Strategy module focuses on the importance of the strategic aspect of services within the IT service lifecycle. It provides the specific knowledge and techniques to help you demonstrate that you understand the risks and success factors and have the skills to develop and progress strategy within an organization or programme.
This 3-day course is intended to provide, test and validate knowledge on industry practices in service management as documented in the ITIL® Service Strategy publication.
The course and associated examination are free-standing but also part of the ITIL® Intermediate Lifecycle stream. It is one of the modules that leads to the ITIL® Expert Certificate in IT Service Management and carries a credit value of 3 points.
ITCE is an Accredited Training Organization for ITIL® Courses.
As one of the pioneers of providing ITIL training in the region, ITCE has a significant experience in delivering training, coaching and consulting to many of the largest enterprises.
Our trainers are accredited ITIL® Trainers and have led hundreds of ITIL courses, in which most of the groups have achieved 100% success on the ITIL Foundation certification exam.
Partner & Senior Consultant
Orlin is a very well-known name in the IT and Management circles in the region due to this extensive experience as a consultant for numerous large scale and complex projects in the field of IT Security and Service Management. He is a very well respected ITIL® trainer, known for the high success rate of certification of his students.
What you’ll learn
- Introduction to Service Strategy – The purpose, objectives and scope service strategy and its relationship to the other service lifecycle stages.
- Service Strategy Principles – The elements of service strategy that are necessary to understand, use and apply the processes within service strategy to create business value.
- Service Strategy Processes – The managerial and supervisory aspects of the ITIL® processes covered in the service strategy stage, excluding the day-to-day operation of processes covered in the ITIL® Intermediate Capability modules.
- Governance – The strategic level concepts of governance as it relates to service strategy.
- Organising for Service Strategy – The concepts of organizational considerations relating to service strategy.
- Technology Considerations – Technology considerations for service strategy including service automation, analytics and tech- nology interfaces.
- Implementing and Improving Service Strategy – The ITIL® approach for implementing service strategy.
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risk – The challenges and risks facing service strategy and service strategy critical success factors (CSFs).
Candidates can expect to gain knowledge and understanding in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certificate:
- Introduction to service strategy
- Service strategy principles
- Service strategy processes
- Organizing for service strategy
- Technology considerations
- Implementing service strategy
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logoTM is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
6-8 MarWed – Fri€690
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should attend?
The course and examination are suitable for:
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of the ITIL service strategy stage of the ITIL service lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization.
- IT professionals working within or about to enter a service strategy environment and requiring an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved.
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications.
Service Strategy Examination:
The qualification is based on a 90 minute closed-book examination of 8 complex scenario based multiple choice questions. Typically, the examination is taken at the end of the course. Successful delegates will be awarded the ITIL® Intermediate Qualification: Service Strategy Certificate.
Get ready to lead your next Agile project and prepare for the Project Management Institute…
By blending concepts and practices of Project Management with the active learning approaches and a…