Successful leaders do more than manage scope, schedule, cost, and resources; they exhibit the leadership and communication skills that propel a project or operational function forward and inspire confidence in those they lead. You will learn to develop the skills you need to optimize your team’s effectiveness by examining various motivational approaches, assessing your own personal style, and identifying and solving barriers to team performance. You will gain hands-on experience applying the methods of leadership and communication that work best for your personality and environment. You will acquire knowledge, skills and behaviors specific to leadership-oriented, cross-cutting activities that help an organization achieve its business goals.
Create High-Performance Project Teams
Demonstrate leadership skills and apply proven techniques and communication best practices in leading teams and projects. Learn how to evaluate different motivational approaches, theories and models, identify the benefits of using the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI®) in working with project teams, and Identify and resolve conflicts by practicing five different conflict resolution approaches.
Combine Theory with Practice
This three-day course includes class exercises, case studies, and practical exercises so you can gain the fundamental knowledge, best practices, and techniques in leadership and communication and be able to apply them in practice in your everyday work.
Ask the Expert
Our trainers are practitioners that have years of experience in project management, so feel free to ask for their advice on your real-world challenges – get consulted and inspired!
Get introduced to our team of Project Management trainers and business simulation facilitators. All of our trainers are Project Management certified professionals with years of experience in managing complex projects of different scope and geographies.
Mihail has 20 years of experience and proven track record in achieving results in a demanding and challenging international environment across various industries. He specializes in Project Management, Business Process Management (BPM) and Reengineering, Operations and Quality & Process Improvement.
He is a highly experienced trainer, known for this engaging training classes and workshops where he shares valuable lessons gained during his career and goes beyond project management practices as he expands on leadership and communication skills, team performance, managing transitions and other critical skills for the modern manager.
Mihail is the President of the Bulgarian Chapter of the Project Management Institute (PMI).
What You’ll Learn
Management and Leadership Qualities
- Definition of leadership
- Leaders and managers
- Leadership attributes
- Interpersonal skills
- Purpose and value of a project vision
- Visionary leadership
- Environmental awareness
- Develop a project vision
- Align project vision to agency or departmental strategy
- Responsibility, accountability, and authority
- Importance of accountability on projects
- Identifying and measuring accountability
- Creating a culture of accountability
- Problem-solving process and techniques
- Facilitating project team problem solving
- Overcoming problem-solving obstacles
- Developing problem solving skills
- Divergence and convergence
- Decision-making process
- Analytical vs. intuitive decision making
- Team vs. individual decision making
- Team decision-making methods
- Making difficult decisions
- Types and sources of conflict
- Pros and cons of conflict
- Conflict resolution style self-assessment
- Conflict resolution approaches
- Conflict resolution process
Influencing Stakeholders & Building Partnerships
- Power and influence
- Influencing and persuading skills
- Building strategic partnerships
- Central tenets of negotiating
- Trust and negotiation, negotiation process
- Best practices
- Developing negotiating skills
Demonstrating Creativity & Innovation
- Role of creativity and innovation in projects
- Encouraging creativity and innovation
- Creating a culture of creativity and innovation
MBLT personality types
- Various types, their advantages and disadvantages in different areas and aspects of life and work
- Understanding and accepting others (differences and similarities)
- Effective communication and influence according to types:
- Proffered collaboration and motivation
- Reaction to stress
Designing and/or managing effective teams
- Collecting teams according to personality type
- Understand commonalities and differences, advantages and disadvantages on group level
- Facilitate communication
Developing an Action Plan
- Applying leadership skills
- Create an on-the-job action plan
Upon completion of this training, you will be able to:
- Identify the qualities of great managers and true leaders
- Align the team’s vision to the Company’s or department’s vision and strategy
- Hold yourself and your project team members accountable
- Solve project or team related problems
- Make well-informed and timely decisions
- Resolve project conflicts
- Influence stakeholders to build strategic partnerships
- Implement negotiating best practices
- Apply creativity and innovation techniques
- Create an on-the-job action plan
If you have teams that will benefit from developing their leadership and communication skills to ensure their high performance, the training can be delivered in a closed group for your company. Thus, we can discuss a work scenario in the group, increase team work, and clarify specific roles and responsibilities in the team if there is such a need. Contact us for a free consultation how to make the most out of the training!
26 – 27 Sep 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should attend?
This course suitable for professionals in the following roles:
- Managers and Associate managers
- Project managers
- IT project managers
- Project leaders
- Senior (project) managers
- Team leaders
- Product managers
- Program managers
- Project sponsors
- Project team members
Can the training be customized?
Yes. If you are organizing a training for a group of people from your organization, contact us so we can discuss what your goals for the group learning outcomes are.
Receive solid preparation for the PMP® exam by having a focused walk-through of the exam…
By blending concepts and practices of Project Management with the active learning approaches, this foundation…
Develop the ability to manage multiple related and unrelated projects and prioritize competing demands which…
This course will teach the participants how to create a methodology and execute the management…