Nowadays, even accomplishing your project with best quality in the term of functionality may not be enough to cover the users’ expectation. Why is that? Omitting important characteristics of non-functional testing like for example the performance may be crucial for the overall success of your project. Participating in the ‘Performance Testing Course’ will help you to understand why it is so important to have good quality in that area. It will help you to learn what exactly performance testing is and how you can per-form it as part of you test strategy. Even more, a real practical example and exercises will be held in the area of performance and load testing.
Thе course is designed to teach QAs in tutorial format how to plan and conduct a performance test. The objectivities are to define processes, tools, issues and challenges for performance testing. At the end of the course, all attendees should have basic practical experience in planning and performing performance/load test and to be able to explain the importance of performance testing and its place within the software lifecycle.
What you’ll learn
- Fundamentals of Performance Testing
- Key factors and reference technologies for Performance Testing
- Fundamentals of network technologies
- Test definition design and plan in performance testing
- Performance testing with WebPageTest
- Web debugging with Chrome DevTools, Postman, and Fiddler
- Performance test execution and automation
- Introduction to performance monitoring and tuning
- Introduction to Jmeter
- Creating and executing Jmeter test
- Strategies for executing our test
- Performance testing in the cloud
- Jmeter – free open source tool
- WebPageTest – free open source tool
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should attend?
Quality assurance specialists, system designers, system tuners, software engineers, and project leaders who are involved in system testing can benefit from this course. A working knowledge of system testing and quality assurance fundamentals is assumed, but no specific technical background is required. The course is for beginning to intermediate skill levels relating to software performance testing. Note, that this is not an advantage course dealing with specific and assessment issues.
Are there any prerequisites for attending the training?
Course attendee will need a basic knowledge of software testing principals.