Unique to SAFe®, the Release Train Engineer (RTE) is part of the trio of leaders that includes product managers and system architects. This plays a critical role in leading Agile Release Trains (ARTs) to deliver value. This means that the RTE must create the right environment, have the right conversations, facilitate the right meetings, and gather the right people to make decisions based on the right data.
In the SAFe® RTE course, you’ll learn to execute and continuously improve PI Planning and other key SAFe events. You’ll discover how to coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in new processes and mindsets. And you’ll get the guidance and tools you need to work effectively in remote environments with distributed teams.
For Closed Groups Only
Please be informed that the training is delivered only to closed groups and teams from the same organization.
Meet our certified trainer who is here to help you master your knowledge and practices of Agile and provide guidance for Agile projects and way of working.
Managing Partner & Senior Consultant
Nina is a highly qualified consultant and leader with more than 20 years of experience in leading highly complex projects and transformations. Nina is a well-known name in the field of Agile, Business Analysis, Enterprise Architecture and IT Service Management.
What you’ll learn
- Course materials
- Access to SAFe® Collaborate, a visual online workspace
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
- Access to content, tools, and resources you need to practice Scaled Agile Framework every day
- SAFe Release Train Engineer certification exam
At the end of this course you will know how to:
- Lead programs and large solutions in a SAFe organization.
- Apply Lean-Agile knowledge and tools to release value.
- Foster relentless improvement.
- Build a high-performing ART by becoming a servant leader and coach.
- Plan for and execute a PI.
- Create an environment of relentless improvement.
- Lead and serve the ART.
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Release Train Engineer. Find more exam details HERE.
How do we enrich the customer experience?
NEW To improve customer experience and training effectiveness, we have added the following to all of our SAFe trainings:
- a PI Planning Simulation to ensure that you are prepared for the real-life responsibilities of your role
- a Preparation Session to make your exam preparation easier
- a possibility of scheduling a flexible program that provides a half-day training for 5 days straight to give you more time for operational work and revision of the material.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for professionals of the following roles:
- Scrum Masters
- Lean-Agile coaches
- Program and Project Managers
Are there any prerequisites for the training and the exam?
To become a SAFe® Release Train Engineer one must have a solid understanding of the Lean and Scaled Agile framework as well as knowledge of the company’s budget and how budgeting works within a SAFe environment. In addition, the release train engineer must posses certain soft skills such as strong communication, negotiation, critical thinking, advanced facilitation skills, and desire to continuously upskill.
Moreover, it is generally recommended (but not required) that you have participated in the launching of at lest one PI, and that you hold at least one current SAFe certification, which might help you during the course activities and group discussions.
This course prepares current Scrum Masters for their leadership role in facilitating Agile team, program,…
During this course, you’ll learn the principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe) and…