Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe Scrum Master course explores the role of Scrum in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares you to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning the key components of scaled Agile development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute iteration planning.
You’ll also discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value that is achievable through SAFe. The SSM certification signifies that you are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing your value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
Meet our team of certified trainers who are here to help you master your knowledge and practices of Agile and provide guidance for Agile projects and way of working.
Partner & Senior Consultant
Orlin is a very well-known name in the IT and Management circles in the region due to this extensive experience as a consultant for numerous large scale and complex projects in the field of IT Security and Service Management. He is a very well respected ITIL® trainer, known for the high success rate of certification of his students.
Managing Partner & Senior Consultant
Nina is a highly qualified consultant and leader with more than 20 years of experience in leading highly complex projects and transformations. Nina is a well-known name in the field of Agile, Business Analysis, Enterprise Architecture and IT Service Management.
Senior Consultant & Trainer
Maria is specializing in Agile, DevOps Practices, Project Management and Business Analysis. Her most recent projects are in the field of organizational transformation with focus on adoption of Agile & DevOps culture and practices and implementation of SAFe® (Scaled Agile Framework).
What you’ll learn
- Introducing Scrum in SAFe
- Characterizing the role of the Scrum Master
- Experiencing Program Increment planning
- Facilitating Iteration execution
- Finishing the Program Increment
- Coaching the Agile team
To perform the role of a SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master attendees should be able to:
- Apply SAFe principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in a multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at scale
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
- Learn to apply Kanban eXtreme Programming (XP) frameworks to optimize flow and improve the team’s work
- Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM).
Who should attend?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Existing Scrum Masters
- Team leaders, project managers, and others assuming the role of an Agile Team facilitator in a SAFe or enterprise Agile context
- Engineering and development managers responsible for Agile execution and coaching teams, including teams of teams
- Agile coaches
- Agile Program Managers
- Prospective SAFe Release Train Engineers
Are there any prerequisites for the training?
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM) certification exam:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and eXtreme Programming (XP)
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
Are there any prerequisites to sit for the exam?
Yes. Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam. First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion.
Does the training provide Professional Development Units (PDUs)?
Yes. Attendees are eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications. The training provides: 12 Technical PDUs, 2.25 Leadership PDUs, and 0.75 Strategic and Business PDUs.
This two-day course prepares current Scrum Masters for their leadership role in facilitating Agile team,…
This training aims to prepare team members, part of a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) transformation,…