Table of Contents
Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe Scrum Master course explores the role of Scrum in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares you to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning the key components of scaled Agile development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute iteration planning.
You’ll also discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value that is achievable through SAFe. The SSM certification signifies that you are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing your value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
This training is also a solid preparation for the Scrum.org Professional Scrum Master® I (PSM I®) and Professional Scrum Product Owner ™ (PSPO) certification exams.
Meet our team of certified trainers who are here to help you master your knowledge and practices of Agile and provide guidance for Agile projects and way of working.
Co-founder, Partner & Principal Consultant
Orlin is a very well-known name in the IT and Management circles in the region due to his extensive experience as a consultant for numerous large scale and complex projects in the field of IT Security and Service Management. He is a very well respected ITIL® trainer, known for the high success rate of certification of his students.
Co-founder, Partner & Principal Consultant
Orlin Marinov is co-founder and Partner at ITCE. He is a very well-known name in the IT and Management circles in the region due to his extensive experience as a consultant for numerous large scale and complex projects in the field of IT Security and Service Management. Orlin is an accredited ITIL® Trainer and has led hundreds of ITIL courses, in which most of his groups achieved 100% success on the ITIL Foundation certification exam.
Co-founder, Managing Partner & Principal Consultant
Nina is a highly qualified consultant and leader with more than 30 years of experience in leading highly complex transformations. She is a well-known name in the field of Scaled Agile, Enterprise Architecture and IT Service Management.
Nina Prodanova-Iozeva is a highly qualified consultant and leader with more than 30 years of experience in the IT industry. She is co-founder and Managing Partner of ITCE. Nina is a well-known name in the field of Agile, Business Analysis, Enterprise Architecture and IT Service Management. She has delivered consulting and training projects to many organizations in the finance, telco, utility and IT industries across Europe.
What you’ll learn
- Introducing Scrum in SAFe
- Characterizing the role of the Scrum Master
- Experiencing Program Increment planning
- Facilitating Iteration execution
- Finishing the Program Increment
- Coaching the Agile team
To perform the role of a SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master attendees should be able to:
- Apply SAFe principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in a multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at scale
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
- Learn to apply Kanban eXtreme Programming (XP) frameworks to optimize flow and improve the team’s work
- Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Scrum Master (SASM).
How do we enrich the customer experience?
NEW To improve customer experience and training effectiveness, we have added the following to all of our SAFe trainings:
- a PI Planning Simulation to ensure that you are prepared for the real-life responsibilities of your role
- a Preparation Session to make your exam preparation easier
- a possibility of scheduling a flexible program that provides a half-day training for 5 days straight to give you more time for operational work and revision of the material.
Veneta Vapirova, Project Manager at Atos Bulgaria Competency CenterI am very pleased of the virtual environment the ITCE team managed to adapt on the SAFe Scrum Master Training. Even remotely, the contact with the whole team was very strong and intensive. I would recommend it as powerful and essential training for future Scrum masters.
M. Tsveeva, Project Manager at Atos Bulgaria Competency CenterRemote SAFe Scrum Master training was both useful and challenging as a form. Personally, the most valuable thing for me was the exchange of experience with the other participants. Lecturer Orlin Marinov skillfully, unobtrusively led us to the conclusions we formulated alone and directed us with supportive questions to answer practical cases. It really was a coaching course, not a training in the classical sense.”
23 – 27 Oct 2023
5 – 9 Feb 2024
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should attend?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Existing Scrum Masters
- Team leaders, project managers, and others assuming the role of an Agile Team facilitator in a SAFe or enterprise Agile context
- Engineering and development managers responsible for Agile execution and coaching teams, including teams of teams
- Agile coaches
- Agile Program Managers
- Prospective SAFe Release Train Engineers
Are there any prerequisites for the training?
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM) certification exam:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and eXtreme Programming (XP)
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
Are there any prerequisites to sit for the exam?
Yes. Attendees must attend all days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam. First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion.
Does the training provide Professional Development Units (PDUs)?
Yes. Attendees are eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications. The training provides: 12 Technical PDUs, 2.25 Leadership PDUs, and 0.75 Strategic and Business PDUs.
Your Certification Journey Awaits!
Get more information on how you can get certified through online proctored exam vouchers. Boost your career prospects now!