In this course, students will learn how to support the installation, configuration and protection tasks associated with Windows 10. Students will develop skills that include learning how to install, customize and secure Windows 10 operating systems. Students will also learn about the new Windows servicing model and methods for keeping Windows up to date. The course will teach how to configure file and folder permissions and creating security policies. Students will develop skills that include managing storage, files, drivers, and printers as well as how to configure network connectivity for Windows 10.
Part of the requirements for: Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
With Microsoft Certification, technology professionals are more likely to get hired, demonstrate clear business impact, and advance their careers.
We aim to make your learning experience highly customized and tailor it to your needs and requirements. That is why, we now offer you supplementary course materials that you can access anytime, anywhere, at your convenience. The materials are not a prerequisite for attending the training, but they can still help you warm up on the topic and come prepared and focused to the training center.
Find the supplementary materials for MD-100 Windows 10 here:
Installing Windows 10
Configuring Windows 10
Protecting Windows 10
Maintaining Windows 10
IT Support: Cloud Fundamentals
You will be able to access the materials once we confirm your registration for the training.
What you’ll learn
- Module 1: Installing Windows
- Introducing Windows 10
- Windows 10 Editions and Requirements
- Deployment Options
- Upgrading to Windows 10
- Deployment Tools
- Module 2: Post-installation Configuration and Personalization
- Configure and Customize the Windows Start Menu
- Common Configuration Options
- Advanced Configuration Methods
- Managing Drivers and Devices
- Module 3: Updating Windows in Windows 10
- Windows Servicing Model
- Updating Windows
- Module 4: Configuring Networking
- Configure IP Network Connectivity
- Implement Name Resolution
- Implement Wireless Network Connectivity
- Remote Access Overview
- Remote Management
- Module 5: Configuring Storage
- Overview of storage options
- Managing Local Storage
- Maintaining Disks and Volumes
- Managing Storage Spaces
- Module 6: Managing Apps in Windows 10
- Providing Apps to Users
- Managing Universal Windows Apps
- Web Browsers in Windows 10
- Module 7: Configuring Authorization & Authentication
- Configuring User Account Control
- Implementing Device Registration
- Module 8: Configuring Data Access and Usage
- Overview of File Systems
- Configuring and Managing File Access
- Configuring and Managing Shared Folders
- Module 9: Configuring Threat Protection and Advanced Security
- Malware and Threat Protection
- Windows Defender
- Connection Security Rules
- Advanced Protection Methods
- Module 10: Supporting the Windows 10 Environment
- Windows Architecture
- Support and Diagnostic Tools
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Computer Performance
- Module 11: Troubleshooting Files & Applications
- File Recovery in Windows 10
- Application Troubleshooting
- Module 12: Troubleshooting the OS
- Troubleshooting Windows Startup
- Troubleshooting Operating System Service Issues
- Module 13: Troubleshooting Hardware and Drivers
- Troubleshooting Device Driver Failures
- Overview of Hardware Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Physical Failures
ITCE is a Certified Microsoft Learning Partner.
Consultant & Trainer
Kiril Baranski specializes in infrastructure, virtualization, messaging, and cloud solutions. He has experience in Microsoft Technologies – Windows Server, Windows Networking, Windows Desktop, Hyper-V. He holds the Windows Server 2016 MSCA certification. He has participated in large-scale consulting projects where he was responsible for the active directory object identity synchronization and authentication and in Microsoft Technologies infrastructure projects.
18-22 JanMon – Fri €860
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should attend?
Candidates for this exam are IT professionals who perform installation, configuration, general local management and maintenance of Windows 10 core services. Candidates may also be familiar with enterprise scenarios and cloud-integrated services.
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
Learners should start this course already having the following skills:
- Basic understanding of computer networks and hardware concepts.
- Basic understanding of OS and Application concepts.
- Experience with using the Windows OS.
This course teaches the key components of modern management and co-management strategies and Microsoft Intune…
This course targets the needs of IT professionals who take part in evaluating, planning, deploying,…