Table of Contents
This course prepares current Scrum Masters for their leadership role in facilitating Agile team, program, and enterprise success in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) implementation. The course covers facilitation of cross-team interactions in support of program execution and relentless improvement. It enhances the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices; the application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value; and supporting interactions with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in the larger program and enterprise contexts.
The course offers actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
Meet our team of certified trainers who are here to help you master your knowledge and practices of Agile and provide guidance for Agile projects and way of working.
Co-founder, Partner & Principal Consultant
Orlin is a very well-known name in the IT and Management circles in the region due to his extensive experience as a consultant for numerous large scale and complex projects in the field of IT Security and Service Management. He is a very well respected ITIL® trainer, known for the high success rate of certification of his students.
Co-founder, Partner & Principal Consultant
Orlin Marinov is co-founder and Partner at ITCE. He is a very well-known name in the IT and Management circles in the region due to his extensive experience as a consultant for numerous large scale and complex projects in the field of IT Security and Service Management. Orlin is an accredited ITIL® Trainer and has led hundreds of ITIL courses, in which most of his groups achieved 100% success on the ITIL Foundation certification exam.
Co-founder, Managing Partner & Principal Consultant
Nina is a highly qualified consultant and leader with more than 30 years of experience in leading highly complex transformations. She is a well-known name in the field of Scaled Agile, Enterprise Architecture and IT Service Management.
Nina Prodanova-Iozeva is a highly qualified consultant and leader with more than 30 years of experience in the IT industry. She is co-founder and Managing Partner of ITCE. Nina is a well-known name in the field of Agile, Business Analysis, Enterprise Architecture and IT Service Management. She has delivered consulting and training projects to many organizations in the finance, telco, utility and IT industries across Europe.
What you’ll learn
- Exploring the Scrum Master role in the SAFe enterprise
- Applying SAFe Principles: A Scrum Master’s perspective
- Exploring Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Facilitating program execution
- Improving flow with Kanban and XP
- Building high-performing teams
- Improving program performance with Inspect and Adapt
To perform the role of a SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master attendees should be able to:
- Apply SAFe principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in a multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at scale
Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
- Learn to apply Kanban eXtreme Programming (XP) frameworks to optimize flow and improve the team’s work
- Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM).
How do we enrich the customer experience?
NEW To improve customer experience and training effectiveness, we have added the following to all of our SAFe trainings:
- a PI Planning Simulation to ensure that you are prepared for the real-life responsibilities of your role
- a Preparation Session to make your exam preparation easier
- a possibility of scheduling a flexible program that provides a half-day training for 5 days straight to give you more time for operational work and revision of the material.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for professionals of the following roles:
- Existing Scrum Masters
- Team leaders, project managers, and others assuming the role of an Agile Team facilitator in a SAFe or enterprise Agile context
- Engineering and development managers responsible for Agile execution and coaching teams, including teams of teams
Are there any prerequisites for the training and the exam?
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, having one or more of the following certifications is highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) certification exam:
- SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM) certification
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification
First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion.
Does the training provide Professional Development Units (PDUs)?
Yes. Attendees are eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications. The training provides: 12 Technical PDUs, 2.25 Leadership PDUs, and 0.75 Strategic and Business PDUs.
Your Certification Journey Awaits!
Get more information on how you can get certified through online proctored exam vouchers. Boost your career prospects now!