This course prepares current Scrum Masters for their leadership role in facilitating Agile team, program, and enterprise success in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) implementation. The course covers facilitation of cross-team interactions in support of program execution and relentless improvement. It enhances the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices; the application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value; and supporting interactions with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in the larger program and enterprise contexts.
The course offers actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
Meet our team of certified trainers who are here to help you master your knowledge and practices of Agile and provide guidance for Agile projects and way of working.
Partner & Senior Consultant
Orlin is a very well-known name in the IT and Management circles in the region due to his extensive experience as a consultant for numerous large scale and complex projects in the field of IT Security and Service Management. He is a very well respected ITIL® trainer, known for the high success rate of certification of his students.
Managing Partner & Senior Consultant
Nina is a highly qualified consultant and leader with more than 20 years of experience in leading highly complex projects and transformations. Nina is a well-known name in the field of Agile, Business Analysis, Enterprise Architecture and IT Service Management.
What you’ll learn
- Exploring the Scrum Master role in the SAFe enterprise
- Applying SAFe Principles: A Scrum Master’s perspective
- Exploring Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Facilitating program execution
- Improving flow with Kanban and XP
- Building high-performing teams
- Improving program performance with Inspect and Adapt
To perform the role of a SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master attendees should be able to:
- Apply SAFe principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in a multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at scale
Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
- Learn to apply Kanban eXtreme Programming (XP) frameworks to optimize flow and improve the team’s work
- Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM).
How do we enrich the customer experience?
NEW To improve customer experience and training effectiveness, we have added the following to all of our SAFe trainings:
- a PI Planning Simulation to ensure that you are prepared for the real-life responsibilities of your role
- a Preparation Session to make your exam preparation easier
- a possibility of scheduling a flexible program that provides a half-day training for 5 days straight to give you more time for operational work and revision of the material.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for professionals of the following roles:
- Existing Scrum Masters
- Team leaders, project managers, and others assuming the role of an Agile Team facilitator in a SAFe or enterprise Agile context
- Engineering and development managers responsible for Agile execution and coaching teams, including teams of teams
Are there any prerequisites for the training and the exam?
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, having one or more of the following certifications is highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) certification exam:
- SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM) certification
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification
First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion.
Does the training provide Professional Development Units (PDUs)?
Yes. Attendees are eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications. The training provides: 12 Technical PDUs, 2.25 Leadership PDUs, and 0.75 Strategic and Business PDUs.
During this advanced course, you will master architecting for continuous value flow with SAFe®.
This training aims to prepare team members, part of a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) transformation,…